An absolute commitment to consistently deliver safety, scale, value, precision and reliability for customers defines our reputation at BOOM. As our customers take on bigger and more complex projects, BOOM has evolved to offer more and become an integral partner. That’s why we are reshaping the future of our industry to help our customers thrive in a new world.
At BOOM, we deliver the full package of engineering know-how, specialised lifting equipment and multi-skilled teams required to tackle large scale and complex elements of plant and infrastructure, construction and maintenance.
“BOOM is Australia’s only ASX listed, large scale project specialist, equipped with Australia’s largest fleet of specialist lifting equipment”
Our team provides you with lifting expertise and equipment throughout your project – whether long or short-term, large or small, wet or dry hire.
Your total lifting solution
With a focus on exceptional safety standards and service, our expert team supports you in all aspects of lifting from engineering to execution.
Crane and equipment hire
We support you with mobile and crawler cranes for wet and dry hire. Wet hire involves BOOM providing the crane operator and any associated services. Dry hire involves long-term hire of our assets without an operator.
Managed lifting solutions and engineering services
Our specialist engineers and qualified lifting supervisors can assess, design and program your lift studies including CAD designs, JSAs and coordination and mobilisation of equipment to site.
Long-term maintenance contracts and turn key projects
We provide you with onsite dedicated personnel and assets. We integrate our services and our people into your project or maintenance teams. We adopt a partnering approach with an agreed Service Level Agreement and site-specific Key Performance Indicators.
Specialty labour hire solutions
We supply trades and labour hire to multiple sectors across Australia. We have a proven track record of matching quality personnel to a wide variety of projects. Our many years of experience ensures that we find the ideal trades and labour hire candidate. With a thorough understanding of our clients and their industries, we deliver balanced teams aligned to your project.
Via our established recruitment company readi, we can help you find the ideal candidate quickly and efficiently, as part of our streamlined construction labour hire process.
Our value proposition
As a large-scale lifting project specialist, we seek to deliver innovation for our customers, build shareholder value and ensure safety excellence. We continue to build our leading reputation in the market as a trusted lifting, construction and maintenance solutions partner for large scale infrastructure.
Boom’s customer value proposition is based on total lifting solutions and specialised labour services involving:
- A comprehensive and diverse fleet aligned to customer requirements in mining and resources, wind, energy, utilities, infrastructure, industrial maintenance and telecommunications.
- Well maintained fleet with maintenance records and Key Performance Indicator reporting for customers.
- Highly experienced and trained workforce of supervisors, crane operators, riggers and travel tower operators.
- Operational resources and infrastructure to support customers in our core markets.
- Planned and configured services involving operators, cranes, transport, travel towers and other assets to meet complex customer requirements.
- The readi labour hire business delivers an integrated labour solution to both existing and new customers. It currently supplies support to key Boom contracts and continues to focus on expanding its offering of multiple trades and skills to external customers.
- Pre-lift customer site survey and analysis.
- Detailed engineering lift studies to drive safety, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Project planning and project management.
- Wind farm construction including lifting, mechanical and electrical installation and maintenance.
Safety & quality systems
- Cultural alignment with our customer base, with an uncompromising safety focus.
- AS/NZS ISO 4801:2001 certification and transition to AS/NZS ISO 9001:2015 achieved.
- Investment to drive continuous improvement in our safety systems, processes and organisation.
The selection and deployment of our fleet is a core element of our value proposition. We continue to actively re-shape the crane fleet mix to reflect our focus on industrial services and major project development. Our strategy is to continue to re-balance the crane fleet in line with customer needs in our chosen markets, with an emphasis on investment in high-end cranes and travel towers.