Injury Management Policy
Our injury management vision:
“We support our people who sustain injury or illness, assist them to make a full recovery, and enable them to return to work in a safe and timely manner”
All injuries must be reported as soon as possible after they occur, so that immediate medical care and treatment can be provided to lessen their impact and optimize recovery.
Our people who sustain injury or fall ill receive greater assistance, support and care for when they choose to make an early return to work.
To achieve this we will:
- Ensure the injury management process is commenced as soon as possible following an injury and in accordance with medical advice and relevant legislation.
- Provide employees with access to appropriate medical treatment following a workplace injury and/or illness that incorporates early assessment and involvement of rehabilitation specialist as appropriate.
- Adopt a consultative approach to developing individual return to work plans, to ensure the active participation of treating doctors, rehabilitation specialists, management, the injured employee and their representatives when nominated.
- Provide suitable duties consistent with medical opinion.
- Take all steps necessary to ensure participation in a return to work program will not prejudice or disadvantage injured employees.
- Provide instruction and training to all employees in their rights and responsibilities towards injury management and return to work processes, including the appointment of suitably trained return to work coordinators as appropriate.
- Formally monitor, audit and review our injury management process and return to work programs to ensure they operate effectively and as a minimum comply with relevant legal and other requirements.
- Ensure the security and confidentiality of records in relation to claims, rehabilitation and personal medical information obtained in order to manage workplace injury and/or rehabilitation.
- Provide return to work opportunities, where practicable, for employees who sustain non-work related injuries.
- Ensure this policy is communicated, understood, accepted and successfully implemented by all Boom Logistics Limited employees.
This policy was developed in consultation with management, supervisors and employees and will be reviewed September 2017.