Our environmental vision:
“We will lighten the footprint of our activities”
At Boom Logistics Limited we are adopting the principles of sustainable development.
We recognise our responsibility to meet community expectations and we are committed to the continuous improvement of our environmental performance.
Environmental stewardship and sustainability is both a management obligation and the responsibility of every employee.
To achieve this we will:
- Maintain and continuously improve our Integrated Management System (IMS).
- Clearly outline the responsibilities of management, supervisors and employees.
- Ensure that all employees and contractors receive appropriate training to fulfill their individual IMS and environmental responsibilities.
- Proactively pursue the identification of all hazards and eliminate or, if not possible, manage the risk to as low as reasonably practicable.
- Consult with and promote active participation of employees in the management of their own and others environmental footprint.
- Establish annual environmental objectives and targets and implement programs to achieve them.
- As a minimum, comply with relevant legal and other requirements.
- Ensure that we have the resources and skills necessary to achieve our environmental commitments.
- Implement strategies to minimise pollution, manage waste effectively, use water and energy efficiently, comply with greenhouse energy reporting obligations, address relevant cultural heritage and biodiversity issues.
- Formally monitor, audit, review and report annually on our environmental performance and IMS requirements against defined objectives.
- Require that companies providing contract services to Boom Logistics Limited manage their environmental performance in line with this Policy.
- Ensure this policy is communicated, understood and successfully implemented by all Boom Logistics Limited employees and contractors.